Not surprisingly, traditional fireplaces have now become a very popular form of room and home heating once again. And of course along with a great fireplace, mantels of all styles are becoming available and getting plenty of attention from a whole range of homeowners nowadays.
Whether you happen to be renovating a room or building a new home, you will luckily find yourself with a choice of great looking new fireplace mantels.
Here are some pieces of advice to help make sure that you select the perfect mantel for your lovely home:
- A pretty common error made when buying a fireplace mantel is the failure to measure the fireplace in advance. Contact a professional service with the skills to set you right.
- The truth of the matter is that fireplaces come in a range of differing heights and widths.
- A number of (usually skilled) people can take a good look at a mantel and know whether or not it is the right size, most people cannot.
- Save yourself time and hair pulling by measuring the fireplace and the precise dimensions of the hearth and specialists in fireplace surroundings will then show you what is available.
- This will then help you to focus on fireplace mantels that are the right proportion for mantels for gas fires in Lincolnshire.
- The idea should be to select a design a style that blends in nicely with the overall fireplace itself.
- Heavyset wooden mantels often work very nicely with large brick fireplaces in a living room, whilst something more petit looks great for a small fireplace in bedrooms.
The main thing to consider is that the fireplace mantle should be able to work alongside other architectural features in a room as well as having some kind of connection with the type of furnishings in that immediate area.
If fitting in a small and relatively plain style of mantle when a room has surroundings of things such as ornate chairs, floorboards and skirting, it would just look completely out of place and aesthetically unfavourable. In such an environment, consider a mantle that will properly enhance what you already have going on, and certainly don’t give the room a look of unbalance.
Keep Your Options Open for Something New
And while it is naturally always a positive idea to have a general picture in mind for a new fireplace mantel, make sure you keep a lookout for any new designs. Nowadays, there are more designs out there than ever before, so make sure to check out a reliable company and check out what they have to offer. After all, you just might discover something slightly different and more pleasing to the senses than you previously thought possible which would actually for your room even better.
Also, don’t forget that you will be living alongside the fireplace mantel for many years to come, so choose one that will look as good in five years’ time from now, as it does from the day you got it installed!