Regardless of whether you happen to be facilitating a large-scale construction project or a simple residential landscaping endeavour, you’ll probably need to hire industrial-grade equipment and heavy-duty provisions to complete the task in a safe, effective, and timely manner.
However, if you’d like to ensure that you’re getting top-notch service at cost-effective rates, it’s in your best interests to take some time to scrutinise, assess, and evaluate the local equipment-for-hire arena before you make any rash decisions. This brief article will help you do just that.
Step One: Avoid the Novices
If you’d like to circumvent rookie suppliers and overpriced purveyors, it’s important to ensure that every firm on your shortlist can tout the following:
- 40+ years of experience in the industry
- Commercial and domestic specialisation
- CITB certificates
- CPCS authorisation
- NVQ qualification
Step Two: Ensure a Far-Reaching Network
The most reputable firms in the equipment-for-hire industry, such as Graham Churchill Plant are constantly expanding, growing, and bolstering their client bases. So, if you’d like to make sure that you’re partnering with a well-respected and resourceful company, be on the lookout for an extensive coverage area including Silverstone, Towcester, Milton Keynes, Northampton, Buckingham, Bicester, Banbury, Aylesbury, Oxford, and more.
Step Three: Pay Attention to Eco-Friendly Firms
Ideally, every company on your shortlist should adhere to the Landfill Directive of 2001, which mitigates the prevalence of unregulated dumpsites, illegal recycling plants, and precarious trash-burning exercises.
With this notion in mind, you should highlight the companies that can provide environmentally conscious recycling services as well as eco-friendly waste management solutions on an in-house basis.
Step Four: Compare and Contrast Each Firm’s Suite of Services
Apart from checking each company’s history of service and its corresponding coverage area, you’ll also want to turn your attention to the actual suite of services and in-house product offerings. In this regard, feel free to use the conceptual services shown below as a blueprint of sorts:
- Comprehensive Lorry Hire Service: From industrial-grade tippers and large-scale wagons to commercial dump trucks and high-end road sweepers, your equipment partner should be able to provide an inclusive assortment of lorries and mechanised transportation vehicles to help with your forthcoming project.
- Ample Selection of Skips for Hire: Every firm on your shortlist should be able to provide an instructive size guide as well as a wide range of skips to account for your project’s waste management requirements.
- Heavy Equipment Provisions: Top-rated firms are constantly augmenting their collection of in-house equipment to account for the ever-growing needs of the residential and commercial sectors so be on the lookout for companies that can procure a comprehensive assortment of modernised industrial apparatus ranging from excavators and breakers to loading shovels, dozers, and vessels, just to name a few.
- Land Reclamation and Excavation Services: Regardless of whether you wish to engineer a new golf course, create viable wetlands, establish noise bunds for shooting clubs, or restore agricultural feasibility on derelict land, your equipment partner should be able to provide not only a wide range of land reclamation services but also a fully-equipped team of licenced, accredited, and experienced operators to complete the task in question.