Are you planning to build your own home?
Do you want to have your own well, to ensure your personal water supply? Though this not a very common practise in the modern day, this is however one of the most scientific and time tested methods to ensure that you have your own water supply. It is always important to remember that pumps cannot always pump well water above two to three floors and hence it is best not to opt for wells when you are considering the construction of a G+4 or higher building. Wells work well when it comes to small residential homes, meant for one or two families.
Drilling a well is not an easy task. There are quite a few things that you need to consider. Let’s take a look at some of the points that you must keep in mind when it comes to drilling a well at your residence:
- First and foremost, you need to get a permission to drill the well. You have to get this permission from the municipal corporation and get a written approval from them that you are authorized to drill a well in your home.
- You will have to then determine where exactly will you be able to drill your well and when would be the best time to do it. In order to ensure that you do not make any mistakes in this step, you will have to take the help of experts.
- Then comes the most important step- looking up the various drilling contractors in India and hiring the one well suited for your needs. In fact, if you get this step right you will not have to bother with anything else as such when it comes to drilling a well.
- When hiring a drilling contractor, do not just go by the cost. Take their additional services and their professionalism into account too. It is better to pay a few bucks extra for such an important task, rather than just looking into cost cutting options.
- Always remember that then entire cost of drilling the well is dependent on certain factors that will be specific to your location. Some of the other factors include how far the well is from the residence, what kind of casing needs to be used for the well, what should be the depth of the well etc. Hence do not take a pick from the drilling contractor list based on who charges the less.
- Determining the depth of the well is a very important factor. This will be determined by the level at which the underground water is present. A complete evaluation of the underground water source of your area will be able to ascertain how deep your well will be.
- You will not be able to determine the quality of water that will be obtained from the well and hence make sure you have water treatment arrangements at your home.
- After you have installed your well, you will need to make sure that there is a pump that allows the water to travel to the required entry points into the residence.
These are some very basic as well as important things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to drilling a well for your residential water supply.