Regardless of whether you need temporary fencing for an upcoming event or full-scale residential barricades to demarcate your property, the onus is on you to find a reputable site fencing organisation in your vicinity. However, due to the seemingly infinite number of suppliers, manufacturers, and middlemen operating within the fencing industry, making an informed, confident hire is much easier said than done.
Fortunately, we’ve compiled a distinctive three-step process to help you vet the local landscape and separate the contenders from the pretenders. So if you happen to be interested in purchasing some basic fencing supplies in Yorkshire or scheduling a railing installation in Bradford, feel free to use this brief article as an introductory guide to understanding the present-day site fencing arena.
Step One – Ascertain the Highly Regarded Local Firms
If you’d like to circumvent the detriments associated with overpriced intermediaries and novice contractors, it’s in your best interests to find a resourceful, versatile fencing supplier in your area. With this notion in mind, you’ll want to be on the lookout for the following aspects during your research:
- Comprehensive Service: If you’d like to save as much time and money as possible, you’ll want to work with a firm that specialises in top-to-bottom fencing solutions. From manufacturing and fabricating to delivering and installing, every company on your shortlist should be able to provide an inclusive one-stop-shop for all of your fencing needs.
- Wide Selection of Products: From pedestrian barriers and crowd control railings to event fencing solutions, temporary fencing, gates, and hoardings, your site fencing partner should be able to put forth a wide-ranging product line replete with a bevy of options.
- Accessories Galore: It’s not enough to find a company that can provide a decent selection of fencing solutions. The firm also needs to be able to procure dynamic accessories, such as anti-tamper clips, rubber fence feet, stabilisers, pin in blocks, backstay provisions, and stillage for fence blocks.
Step Two – Prepare Your Property or Site for Consultations
In order to streamline the process and make everyone’s lives much easier, you should take the time to organise, clean, and prep your location for the upcoming consultations:
- Keep dogs inside
- Unlock all of your gates
- Don’t obscure broken panels or damaged areas
- Clear foliage and trim weeds
- Check for obvious obstructions
- Determine exactly which type of fence is most appealing to you
Step Three – Ask the Right Questions
During your consultations, it’s important to ask a series of questions that allow you to evaluate the fencing company’s relevant aptitudes and functional approach. A list of specific questions you should ask can be found below:
- How many other consultations do you have today?
- Do you manufacture your entire product line? Or do you source from a third-party?
- Will you pull permits for approval?
- What can you tell me about easements?
- How are you going to deal with slopes and heavy grading?
- Can you blend this new fence to the aesthetic of my old one?
- Do you have an in-house warranty or some sort of guarantee?
- Can you also repair and refurbish my existing fence?