Water waits for no man, as it always finds its own level, and in a domestic situation, a sudden introduction of water can be disastrous. The modern plumber would be used to dealing with emergencies, and with a rapid response, your problem will soon be solved, whatever the time of day or night. If you are new to the homeowner game, and have never had to call out an emergency plumber, here are just a few reasons why it might crop up in the future.
- A Burst Water Pipe – This has to be the worst case scenario, and it is important to remain calm, which might be difficult if water is gushing out of the bathroom door and running down the stairs. The very first thing to do is locate the mains water tap and turn it off, as this will stop the water flow and therefore limit the damage. The second thing to do is call the emergency plumber, and after giving him a few details, he’ll be round before you know it. If you happen to live in Essex and need some quick help, there are 24 hour plumbers in Chelmsford who are both reliable and affordable.
- An Undetected Leak – This could happen at any time, and if not addressed, it could cause a lot of damage to the building. This type of leak is not like a ruptured pipe, and the amount of water would be much less, but it can still do a lot of damage, and modern plumbers have the latest technology in leak detection techniques, and the leak would soon be identified and repaired without having to dig lots of holes.
- Blocked Toilets – No matter how much care we take doing our daily activities, a toilet blockage can occur at any time, and there isn’t much more of an emergency situation than this. It is imperative that you do not use any of the toilets in the house after the blockage occurs, and hopefully the plumber will be there soon enough.
- Blocked Drains – Another unpleasant situation, having blocked drains will certainly signal the arrival of a bad stench, not to mention the damage it can cause. Some people decide to take matters into their own hands, however, this is not recommended unless you are experienced in unblocking drains, and have all the necessary equipment.
- Storm Damage – This could occur and cause a pipe rupture, and again, the first thing to do is shut off the water supply. If you don’t know where the tap is located, it is a good idea to find out, as in the event of an emergency, you won’t want to waste valuable time searching.
The emergency plumber is one number you should store in your smartphone memory, and while it is hoped you never need to use it, you’ll be glad you have it if ever you do.